AboutZoe Tsiami studied eastern Roman cities during the Late Antique period at the University of Thessaly and now she is writing her doctoral thesis on early Christian catechesis and baptism in Asia Minor. She is collaborating with the Orthodox Academy of Crete, on the academic journal’s publication “After Constantine”, as well as with the public history network “Historistai”. She has published papers and conducted workshops in Greece relevant to early Christian writings and history.
EducationUniversity of Thessaly, Doctoral Student
- Tsiami Z., Separating social history through hagiological and rhetorical texts, presentation at the 4th International Congress in Educational Innovation, Larissa, October 12-14, 2018 (Language: Greek).
- Tsiami Z., Views of early Apostolic sermons at F. Dostoevsky ‘s ‘A ridiculous man’s Dream’, Στέπα,13, March 2019 (Language: Greek).
- Tsiami Z., Before the Resurrection: Literary representations of Jesus’ crucifixion and repose inside the apocryphal Gospels, Mythical History & Historical Myth: Blurred Boundaries in Antiquity International Conference, University of Patras, Patras, 28th June – 1st July 2019 (Language: English).
- Tsiami Z., Historical aspects of the Apocrypha writings, presentation at the 5th International Congress in Educational Innovation, Larissa, October 11-13, 2019 (Language: Greek).
- Tsiami Z., Before Death. The Last Hours of Early Christians from Their Conviction to Their Death Penalty, Colour, Emotion, and Senses 21st annual Postgraduate Colloquium, University of Birmingham, Birmingham, May 29 2021 (Language: English).
- Tsiami Z., Aspects of worship in Nicomedia of the 4th Century AD, STUDIA BITHYNICA Symposium on the archaeology and history of Bithynia in northwestern Anatolia, Izmir, May 11-12 2023 (Language: English).
- Tsiami Z., From Ephesus to Antioch: Early Baptism and Naming Practices in Asia Minor, Internartional Medieval Congress, Leeds, July 3-6 2023.
ProjectsAfter Constantine: Stories from the Late Antique and Early Byzantine Era, Online Scientific Journal, Orthodox Academy of Crete
Upcoming Talks and Conferences
- Tsiami Z., The Question Over Rebaptism: Heretical Challenges to Orthodox views in Late Antiquity, International Conference The Church and the Otherness, Sofia November 8-10 2023.
- Tsiami Z., Between the ascetic and the secular: The case of Thecla, X International Scientific and Practical St. Tikhon Conference (to the 550th anniversary of the Holy Dormition Pskov-Pechery Monastery), 18 November 2023.
MembershipsOrthodox Academy of Crete (Head of the “Early Christianity” Department)