AboutMy teaching, writing, and scholarship are all driven by a steadfast commitment to experimentation and discovery, to crossing and critiquing rhetorical and ideological boundaries.
EducationPh.D., Rhetoric and Composition - Northeastern University
M.A., English - Appalachian State University
B.A., English - Appalachian State University
Work Shared in CORE
Upcoming Talks and ConferencesNov 17-20, 2016, Denver, Colorado: Annual Meeting of the American Studies Association
Panel: Bringing Down the House: Re-Centering the Histories of Humor and Comedic Performance
Paper: 'Betting on Black': Comedic Intimacy and the Rhetorical Space of All Jokes Aside'
- Council of Writing Program Administrators (CWPA)
- American Studies Association (ASA)
- American Humor Studies Association (AHSA)
- National Council of Teachers of English (NCTE)
- Rhetoric Society of America (RSA)