AboutU.S. and Latinx Literature and Culture, Latin American Literature, Hemispheric Studies, Translation Studies, Poetry and Poetics
EducationPh.D., Rutgers University, English
M.A., Middlebury College, Spanish
M.F.A., Warren Wilson College, Poetry
B.A., University of Rochester, English, Religion and Classics
Work Shared in CORE
Other PublicationsLIST OF PUBLICATIONS
“Addressing Alien Worlds: Publics and Persons in the Poetry of Jack Spicer.” Contemporary Literature
(forthcoming Winter 2018, Vol. 58, No. 4).
“Genre and Nationality in Nineteenth Century British and American Poetry.” With Meredith McGill,
et. al. TeachingTransatlanticism: Resources for Teaching Nineteenth-Century Anglo-American Print Culture
. Edited by Linda K. Hughes and Sarah Robbins. Edinburgh UP, 2015. ESSAYS
“Harlem.” Poetry Foundation. Forthcoming. “‘A Breathable Language’: Oliverio Girondo and the Poetry of the Americas.”Los Angeles Review of Books
. 11 April 2019. SELECTED BOOK REVIEWS
SELECTED POETRY PUBLICATIONS Pangyrus, Lana Turner Journal, Gulf Coast, The Mississippi Review, RHINO, The Collagist, Narrative Magazine, The Cortland Review
- Traveler by Devin Johnston.The Rumpus, 24 August 2012, https://therumpus.net/2012/08/traveler-by-devin-johnston/.
- “Feeling by Thinking.” Review of The Collected Poems of Theodore Roethke by Theodore Roethke. National Book Foundation, 25 February 2011, http://nbapoetryblog.squarespace.com/journal/2011/2/25/1959.html.
- “The Other Jarrell.” Review of The Woman at Washington Zoo by Randall Jarrell. National Book Foundation, 1 March 2011, http://nbapoetryblog.squarespace.com/journal/2011/3/1/1961.html.
- “The Amphibian Nerve of Life.” Review of Selected Poems by Howard Moss. National Book Foundation, 15 March 2011, http://nbapoetryblog.squarespace.com/journal/2011/3/16/1972.html.
- “Little Things.” Review of Life Supports:New and Collected Poems by William Bronk.National Book Foundation, 1 April 2011, http://nbapoetryblog.squarespace.com/journal/2011/4/1/1982.html.
- “A Stranger in a Thousand Particulars.” Review of Effort at Speech: New and Collected Poems by William Meredith. National Book Foundation, 14 April 2011, http://nbapoetryblog.squarespace.com/journal/2011/4/14/1997.html.
- “The Return of Sweetness.” Review of Watching the Spring Festivalby Frank Bidart. The Rumpus, 23 February 2011, https://therumpus.net/2009/02/the-return-of-sweetness/.
ProjectsDissertation: “From the Outside: Latin American Anthologies and the Making of U.S. Literature”
Second Project: “American Literature in an Era of Global Decolonization”
MembershipsModern Languages Association
American Comparative Literature Association
Association for the Study of the Arts of the Present
Modernist Studies Association