AboutI am Academic Dean of the Faith Mission Bible College (Edinburgh), and Honorary Senior Lecturer in the School of Divinity, University of St Andrews. From 1998-2018 I was on the faculty of New College, University of Edinburgh, and from 1993-1997 I was Fellow and Tutor at Regent’s Park College, Oxford.
Work Shared in CORE
Other PublicationsAppearing soon
Select past publications
- “Verse and Voice in Lamentations 3 and Psalm 119”, in H. Thomas and B. Melton (eds), Reading Lamentations Intertextually (LHB/OTS; London: Bloomsbury, 2021), forthcoming.
- “William Chalmers Burns in China”, in A. Chow (ed.), James Legge and Scottish Mission to China (Studies in Christian Mission; Leiden: E.J. Brill, 2021), forthcoming.
- Joshua. ESV Expository Commentary; Wheaton: Crossway, forthcoming in 2021.
- “There—But Not Back Again: Forced Migration and the End of Jeremiah”, Hebrew Bible and Ancient Israel 7 (2018): 359–375.
- “God and Place in Jeremiah”, in J. Lundbom, C. Evans and B. Anderson (eds), The Book of Jeremiah: Composition, Reception, and Interpretation (SVT; Leiden: E.J. Brill, 2018), pp. 476–497.
- “The Prophet Micah and Political Society”, in R.P. Gordon and H.M. Barstad (eds), Thus Speaks Ishtar of Arbel: Prophecy in Israel, Assyria, and Egypt in the Neo-Assyrian Period (Winona Lake: Eisenbrauns, 2013), 203–224.
- “On Triplets in a Trio of Prophets”, in M.J. Boda and I.W. Provan (eds), Let Us Go Up To Zion: Essays in Honour of H. G. M. Williamson on the Occasion of his Sixty-Fifth Birthday (SVT; Leiden: E.J. Brill, 2012), 203–217.
- “The Old Testament and the Unity of the People of God”, Scottish Bulletin of Evangelical Theology 30/1 (2012) 6–20.