AboutAssistant professor, School of Architecture and Urbanism, University of Brasilia. Graduate program assistant director for Architectural History, Theory, and Criticism. Architectural historian, architect, and historic preservationist. Theory and criticism of classical architecture and its influence on 19th- and early 20th-century modernity. Digital documentation and analysis of historic sites and buildings.
EducationB.S. in Architecture from the University of Maryland and Ph.D. in Architectural aesthetics and semiology from the University of Brasilia.
- Urban development, architecture, and art in Brazil in the late 19th and early 20th centuries
- Debates in Classical architectural theory
- Digital documentation and analysis of built heritage in central Brazil
Upcoming Talks and ConferencesAccouplement: Vicissitudes of an architectural motif in classical France. 6th International Conference on Construction History. Brussels, July 12th, 2018
- Society of Architectural Historians (SAH)
- Association Francophone pour l’Histoire de la Construction (AFHC)
- International Network for Traditional Building, Architecture, and Urbanism (INTBAU)