Education2016 PhD, Comparative Literature, Washington University in Saint Louis
2016 Graduate Certificate in Women, Gender, and Sexuality Studies
2009 MA, Islamic and Near Eastern Studies, Washington University in Saint Louis
2007 BA, International and Area Studies (with University Honors and Phi Beta Kappa), Washington University in Saint Louis
Work Shared in CORE
Other PublicationsAcademic Publications
- (with Benjamin Kiessling, Gennady Kuran, and Kader Smail), “Advances and Limitations in Open Source Arabic-Script OCR: A Case Study.” Digital Studies/Le champ numérique. Forthcoming 2021.
- (third author, with Benjamin Kiessling and Daniel Stökl Ben Ezra). “BADAM: A Public Dataset for Baseline Detection in Arabic-script Manuscripts.” HIP 2019: 5th International Workshop on Historical Document Imaging and Processing (October 20th-21st, 2019). doi: https://dl.acm.org/doi/pdf/10.1145/3352631.3352648
- (fourth author, with Maxim Romanov, Masoumeh Seydi, and Sarah Savant), “Open Islamicate Texts Initiative: a Machine-Readable Corpus of Texts Produced the Premodern Islamicate World.” DH2019 (Utrecht University 9-12 July 2019). (Received the DH2019 prize for the most “innovative and interdisciplinary research”)
- “Embodying the Sufi Beloved: (Homo)eroticism, Embodiment, and the Construction of Desire in the Hagiographic Tradition of ‘Erâqi.” Journal of Middle Eastern Literatures 21:1 (2018): 1-27.
- (with Bridget Almas, Emad Khazraee, and Joshua Westgard). “Manuscript Study in Digital Spaces: The State of the Field and New Ways Forward.” Digital Humanities Quarterly 12/2 (2018). doi: http://www.digitalhumanities.org/dhq/vol/12/2/000374/000374.html
- (with Maxim G. Romanov, Sarah Bowen Savant, and Ben Kiessling). “Important New Developments in Arabographic Optical Character Recognition (OCR).” Al-ʿUṣūr al-Wusṭā: The Journal of Middle East Medievalists 25 (2017): https://ajs.hcommons.org/deposits/item/hc:16627/