Upcoming Talks and Conferences
– “Geo-anarchies”. Masterclass at the New Political Ecologies: Globalization, Sustainability, Precarity Seminar, Amsterdam School for Cultural Analysis (ASCA), Amsterdam, May 21, 2021 .
– “Revolution Anthropocene: Geoaesthetics of the Planetary Condition”. Invited lecture in the series ON THE ANTHROPOCENE: Either/Or, Institute for Doctoral Studies in the Visual Arts (IDSVA), Portland (US), April 17, 2021.
– “The Pessoa Event
. Notes on Philosophy and Poetry”. Invited Talk at the Portuguese Embassy in Turkey and Camões – Institute for Cooperation and Language, Ankara February 28, 2021.
– Keynote Speaker at the WORKSHOP ON RESEARCH METHODS IN FILM STUDIES at the Universidade Católica Portuguesa. Title of the presentation: “Planetary Visions: Contemporary Approaches to Visuality”, Lisbon, January 21, 2020.
– Invited Talk “Actuality’s dreams”: Michael Marder e Giovanbattista Tusa in conversation. Istituto Italiano di Studi Filosofici,
Naples, December 12, 2019.
– Invited Lecturer at the International Workshop “Ecology as Economy of Relationship of Living Being and Environment”, Academy of Fine Arts, Naples, December 12-13, 2019.
– “For a New Mapping’s Ecology”, invited talk at the International Interdisciplinary Conference Philosophy and Cartography, cohosted by the Institute of Philosophy of the University of Wroclaw and the Eugeniusz Geppert Academy of Art and Design, Wroclaw, Poland, November 5, 2019.
– “The Ecological Turn”. Invited lecture at the Digital Humanism Lecture Series of the Code University of Applied Science, Berlin, November 4, 2019.
– “New Ecologies. A lexicon for the XXI century”. Biennale of Venice, Invited lecture for Institute for Doctoral in the Visual Arts (US) session, June 18, 2019.
– Organization of the International workshop “Ecology and Visuality”. Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Lisbon, September 10-11, 2019.
– “In-human truths. On politics and literature”. Invited presentation at the Association of Philosophy and Literature conference at the Alpen-Adria-Universität, Klagenfurt, Austria, May 30, 2019.
– “The question concerning ecology”. Media and Ecology course for the Programa Independente de Estudos das Artes Visuais at Maumaus, Lisbon, Portugal, April 29- May 3, 2019.
– Invited talk: “Problematising reality – encounters between art, cinema and philosophy 7”, with Judith Barry (MIT, Boston), Goethe-Institut Lisbon, Portugal, March 27, 2019.
– “Still Life. Radical Ecologies”. Research Seminar at the English Department of the National University of Singapore, November 5-15, 2018.
– “Sob O Signo Da Catástrofe (Ecologia e política do nosso tempo)” invited talk at 350 Festival de Teatro de Almada, Casa da Cerca, Centro De Arte Contemporânea, Lisbon, Portugal, July 14, 2018
– “The end of philosophy”, Masterclass with Jean-Luc Nancy at the Summer School of the Institute for Doctoral in the Visual Arts (New York), Paris, June 11, 2018.
– “Unkwown Planets, Cosmic Marxism”, The Global Center for Advanced Studies, 4th Annual Conference, Performing Arts Forum, Reims, France, June 9, 2018.
– “Qu’est-ce que une date?”, International Symposium Cinema and Philosophy: Critical May 68, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, 30 May, 2018.
– “«Vergleich über ein Drittes». Montage, Film, Praxis“, Invited Talk at the Film/Philosophy Group,
Universidade Nova de Lisboa, October 25, 2017.
– “Topographies of social politics”, Invited Lecture at the Summer School of the Institute for Doctoral in the Visual Arts (New York), Athens, June 19, 2017.
– “Touching at distance: Marx, Harun Farocki, and Einfühlung”, Historical Materialism Conference Beirut, Center for Arts and Humanities (CAH) at the American University of Beirut (AUB), March 11, 2017.
– “Education and Epistemology in the Time of Monsters”, 24 September 2016, University of Podemos, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Spain. –
Invited talk on Architecture and Writing at the Architecture & Ecriture research workshop organized by Villa Vassilieff Center of Art and Research and The Architectural Association School of London, Paris, 9 July 2016.
– “Die Gegenpartei”. On Film and Empathy, invited lecture at the workshop “Harun Farocki and the Notion of Einfühlung”, Institute for cultural inquiry, Berlin, 4 July 2016. –
Invited Lecture: “Ways of seeing”, Swiss Institute of Rome, June 2016. –
“For in it every second was the narrow gate”. On Benjamin messianic temporality, 9th International Critical Theory Conference of Rome, John Felice Rome Center of Loyola University Chicago, May 2016.
. Lands of Philosophy”. Invited lecture at the University of South Florida Philosophy Colloquia, February 2016, Tampa, US. –
“On the Nameless”. Masterclass at the Seminar “Figures of the Nameless in, nearby and after Pasolini”,
Maumaus Escola De Artes Visuais, Lisbon, Portugal, January 2016. –
“Negativity at Work. French Theory and In-visuality”. Institut des Hautes Études en Arts Plastiques (Iheap), Biennale de Paris, Apexart, New York, US, October 2015. –
“Borderland. Europe at the Limit”. Inaugural Conference of The International Centre for Mediterranean Knowledge, University of Salerno, Italy, October 2015. –
“Maps and Errancy”. Dislocated Thoughts”, University IUAV-Biennale of Venice, October 2015 –
“Irregular Political Systems”, 1st GCAS World Conference “Democracy Rising”, Athens, July 2015 –
“At Any Moment”. Interruptions of the Present between Walter Benjamin and Antonio Negri, London Conference in Critical Thought, July 2015.
– “Le Tact de ne pas trop y Toucher”. On Jean-Luc Nancy, International Conference Athens, University of Athens – French Institute of Greece – University Bordeaux Montaigne, March 2015