I am a SSHRC Postdoctoral Fellow in English at the University of Victoria in British Columbia, Canada. My research interests include literary modernism, twentieth-century Canadian literature, poetry and poetics, and digital humanities research and methodologies.
I am also principal investigator of the Canadian Modernist Magazines Project
and a former graduate fellow with Editing Modernism in Canada
EducationPh.D., English – Dalhousie University
M.A., English* – University of Saskatchewan
B.A. Honours (High Honours), English – University of Saskatchewan
*thesis nominated for the University of Saskatchewan Arts & Science Thesis Award
PublicationsRefereed Journal Articles
Book Reviews Other Publications
- “Bibliography of Margaret Avison, 1987-2017.” The Avison Centenary in 2018. Ed. David A. Kent. Spec. issue of Canadian Poetry: Studies, Documents, Reviews 80-81 (Spring/Summer, Fall-Winter 2017): 216-69.
- “It’s Not Personal: Modernist Remediations of William James’s ‘Personal Religion.’” Further Directions in William James and Literary Studies. Ed. Todd Barosky and Justin Rogers-Cooper. Spec. issue of William James Studies 13.2 (2017): 140-66.
- “Beyond the Temple and the Cave: William James, E.J. Pratt, and Christian-Spiritualist Syncretisms.” University of Toronto Quarterly 86.4 (2017): 1-26.
- “An ‘Architecture of Contradictions’: Continuation and the Late Meta-Poetry of Louis Dudek.” Canadian Poetry: Studies, Documents, Reviews 74 (2014): 30-59.
- “Making Sense of Play in Video Games: Ludus, Paidia, and Possibility Spaces.” Eludamos: Journal for Computer Game Culture 7.1 (2013): 69-80.
- “Towards the ‘Infinite Poem’: Reality and the Imagination in the 1950s and 1960s Meta-Poetry of Louis Dudek.” Canadian Poetry: Studies, Documents, Reviews 70 (2012): 45-76.
MembershipsModernist Studies Association
Modern Language Association
Association of Canadian College and University Teachers of English
Association for Canadian and Québec Literatures
Canadian Society for Digital Humanities