History, Princeton University, 2012
- Dissertation: “Trading in Liberty: The Politics of the American China Trade, c.1784-1862”
- Supervisor: Prof. R. Sean Wilentz (Princeton) • Committee: Prof. Hendrik Hartog (Princeton), Prof. Daniel T. Rodgers (Princeton), Prof. Peter S. Onuf (University of Virginia)
History, Princeton University, 2007, with distinction
- Fields: Early American History, 1754-1860 (Prof. R. Sean Wilentz and Prof. Philip D. Morgan); History of the Southern United States, 1787-1860 (Prof. Stephanie McCurry); History of the British Empire, 1783-1837 (Prof. Linda Colley)
with honors in history, Wesleyan University, Middletown, CT, 2004
- History and French (double major), with a concentration in Religion.
- Undergraduate Thesis: “Empire and Spirituality: Anglican Missionaries to the Mohawks, 1700-1776”