AboutChris studied medieval history at Utrecht University, Trinity College Dublin, and the University of Edinburgh, and was a recent Postdoctoral Fellow at Edinburgh’s Institute for Advanced Studies in the Humanities (IASH). His current research at the University of Liverpool explores the reach and repercussions of viking activity across the Frankish realm, as well as its subsequent, premodern historiography.
- PhD in Scandinavian Studies – University of Edinburgh (2018)
- MSc in Medieval History – University of Edinburgh (2013)
- BA in Language and Culture Studies (Medieval and Celtic Studies Track) – Utrecht University (2012)
Work Shared in CORE
- Cooijmans, Christian. Monarchs and Hydrarchs: The Conceptual Development of Viking Activity across the Frankish Realm (c. 750-940) (Abingdon: Routledge, 2020). https://www.routledge.com/9780367202149
Journal Articles Edited Volumes
- Cooijmans, Christian. “An Adversary for the Ages: The Historiography of Viking Activity in the Late Medieval Low Countries – A Preliminary Survey,” in The North as Home (London: Norvik Press, 2019). http://dx.doi.org/10.17613/30e5-me40.
- Cooijmans, Christian, and Ryan Foster, eds. “A’m Grippit Dis Laand”: A Gedenkschrift in Honour of Doreen Waugh (Turnhout: Brepols, forthcoming).
- Cooijmans, Christian, ed. Traversing the Inner Seas: Contacts and Continuity in and around Scotland, the Hebrides, and the North of Ireland (Edinburgh: Scottish Society for Northern Studies, 2017). https://www.ssns.org.uk/monograph/inner-seas.
- Cooijmans, Christian, Ian Giles, Laura Chapot, Ryan Foster, and Barbara Tesio, eds. Beyond Borealism: New Perspectives on the North (London: Norvik Press, 2016). http://www.nordicresearchnetwork.co.uk/beyond-borealism.html.
- Cooijmans, Christian. “Frisians and their North Sea Neighbours (ed. J. Hines and N. IJssennagger), 2017,” English Historical Review 134:568 (2019): 667-669. https://doi.org/10.1093/ehr/cez077.
- Committee Member / Editor – Scottish Society for Northern Studies
- Fellow – Society of Antiquaries of Scotland
- Contributor – International Medieval Bibliography, University of Leeds
- Member – Viking Society for Northern Research