AboutI am currently a Junior Research Fellow at Merton College, Oxford, on research leave from my post as Assistant Professor in Hebrew Bible at the University of Nottingham. My research centres around history, politics and rhetoric in the Hebrew Bible and I am especially interested in how the biblical authors’ perception of historical events has affected the composition of the biblical texts and the history portrayed therein. My current major project explores Benjamin’s role in biblical history and when procrastinating from this, I work on the Omride-Judahite alliance in the ninth century BCE and its implications for biblical interpretation.
Work Shared in CORE
Other PublicationsPeer-Reviewed Journal Articles
Chapters in Edited Volumes
- 2020 “The Host of Heaven and the Divine Army: A Reassessment.” Journal of Biblical Literature (forthcoming).
- 2019 “Jehu’s Slaughter of Judah’s Royal Family at Beth-Eked (2 Kings 10:13-14): A Closer Look.” Zeitschrift für die alttestamentliche Wissenschaft (forthcoming).
- “Nineveh’s Pretensions to Divine Power in Nahum 3:16.” Vetus Testamentum 69 Fasc 3 (2019): 498-504.
- “Reading ‘House of Jacob’ in Isaiah 48:1-11 in Light of Benjamin.” Journal of Biblical Literature 137 no. 2 (2018): 339-357.
- “Reading Micaiah’s Heavenly Vision (1 Kings 22:19-23) and 1 Kings 22 as Interpretive Keys.” Zeitschrift für die alttestamentliche Wissenschaft 130 no. 2 (2018): 204-216.
- “The Bird and the Mountains: A Note on Psalm 11.” Vetus Testamentum 67 Fasc 3 (2017): 470-479.
- “On Dying in a City Gate: Implications in the Deaths of Eli, Abner, and Jezebel.” Journal for the Study of the Old Testament 40 no. 4 (2016): 399-413.
- “Deutero-Isaiah, J and P: Who is in the Image and Likeness of God? Implications for אדם and Theologies of Creation.” Scandinavian Journal of the Old Testament 29 no. 2 (2015): 296-306.
- 2020-21 “Zephaniah.” In The Oxford Handbook of the Minor Prophets (ed. Julia M. O’Brien; Oxford: Oxford University Press, forthcoming).