Pagan studies is the multidisciplinary academic field devoted to the study of contemporary Paganism, a broad assortment of modern religious movements, which are typically influenced by or derived from the various pagan beliefs of pre-modern Europe. Pagan studies embrace a variety of different scholarly approaches to studying such religions, drawing from history, sociology, anthropology, archaeology, folkloristics, theology, and the study of religions.

Introductions

2 replies, 2 voices Last updated by Yvonne Aburrow 2 years, 10 months ago
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Yvonne Aburrow
      Participant
      @yaburrow

Hi, my name is Yvonne Aburrow, and I studied Contemporary Religions and Spiritualities at Bath Spa University from 2006 to 2008.

I have written several books, most recently on inclusive Wicca.

Patricia Robin Woodruff, PhD
      Participant
      @patwoodruff

Nice to meet you!  Patricia Robin Woodruff here.  I’ve been deeply immersed in the study of the ancient pre-Christian religions of the Slavic area (Old Europe and beyond).  It’s been an exciting adventure of discovery.  Now I just need some grad-students to help me write about 25 papers while I work on my 5 volume set of books The Roots of Slavic Magic!  I have a Facebook group under that name if anyone is interested in the topic.

Yvonne Aburrow
      Participant
      @yaburrow

Welcome Patricia. I know a lot of Polish Wiccans who will be very interested in your books.

I had The Bath House at Midnight but didn’t find the magic described in it to be very different from the rest of Europe. I was expecting more chyerti (bannikoi, domovoi, leshy etc).

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Only members can participate in this group's discussions.