This group has been created to explore the creation of an inclusive open-source historical mapping community, with a focus on Early Modern London, Early Modern England and Wales, Ireland and Scotland, and their relations with the wider world. It is an initiative of the MarineLives project team. The MarineLives project was launched in 2012 to work collaboratively on the transcription, linkage and enrichment of the legal records of the English High Court of Admiralty. We welcome academics and non-academics to contribute to this group, which is hosted on the Humanities Commons platform, and to advance a culture of exchange of data sets, map layers, polygons, georeferenced data and methodologies.

Invitation to submit projects to be featured on Mapping to Print website

0 replies, 1 voice Last updated by  Jasper van Putten 2 years, 1 month ago
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Jasper van Putten
    Participant
    @jasper

Dear all,

I would like to invite scholars ‘who map print to send me links to their online projects and be featured—with link, brief description, and screen shot—on this website: Mapping Print http://openprintstudio.com/wiki/doku.php/mapping_print_project

The Mapping Print project brings together online projects that trace the history of print—both printed images and letterpress—in space and time using geographic information systems (GIS) and other digital analytical tools.

Any relevant project is of interest and I’m especially interested to add Non-European projects to the site.

Best,

Jasper

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

Only members can participate in this group's discussions.