The Open Access Books Network is a space for passionate conversations about OA books. Researchers, publishers, librarians, infrastructure providers — indeed, anyone who is interested — can discuss any aspect of OA books here. This group was begun by members of OAPEN, OPERAS, ScholarLed and SPARC Europe.
————————————————————————————–

DISCUSSION — contribute to any of the discussion threads, or start your own!

SITE — check out our latest blog posts, and get in touch (info@oabooksnetwork.org) to propose a post on any aspect of OA books.

FROM CORE / FILES — add any publications or documents related to Open Access books.

DOCS — go here for collaborative documents on OA book projects and resources.

TWITTER: @oabooksnetwork

Header photo by Fallon Michael on Unsplash.

Profile image by Ronald Snijder.

The ORC in 2020

2 replies, 2 voices Last updated by Pablo Markin 10 months, 2 weeks ago
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Pablo Markin
      Participant
      @pbmarkin

Dear All,

This blog post briefly reviews the highlights of the Open Research Community (ORC) since its launch in early 2020: https://openresearch.community/posts/the-open-research-community-in-2020-a-year-in-review.

More specifically, in the last year, the ORC registered around 104,000 page views, had almost 28,000 new and returning visitors, and achieved exposure across the United States, China, Germany, the United Kingdom, and Canada, while attracting about 2,000 unique visitors last December.

Best regards,
      Pablo

Dr. Pablo B. Markin

Adjunct Instructor

University of the People | Arts & Sciences Division

Email: pablo.markin@uopeople.edu

[1460895049361_FacultyEmailSignatureImg.jpg]

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.

Tom Mosterd
      Participant
      @tommosterd

Thanks for sharing Pablo and congrats with this milestone and if I read it correctly over 1 post a day on average. Good luck with the ORC in 2021 and looking forward to seeing some OA-books related news pop-up from time to time!

Pablo Markin
      Participant
      @pbmarkin

You are welcome Tom. Thanks for this feedback and greetings. The presence on the ORC has, indeed, been a mixed bag, but relatively consistent. I will do my best to target whatever posts I will be sharing in this list/area to book-related OA topics!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Only members can participate in this group's discussions.