The Open Access Books Network is a space for passionate conversations about OA books. Researchers, publishers, librarians, infrastructure providers — indeed, anyone who is interested — can discuss any aspect of OA books here. This group was begun by members of OAPEN, OPERAS, ScholarLed and SPARC Europe.
————————————————————————————–

DISCUSSION — contribute to any of the discussion threads, or start your own!

SITE — check out our latest blog posts, and get in touch (info@oabooksnetwork.org) to propose a post on any aspect of OA books.

FROM CORE / FILES — add any publications or documents related to Open Access books.

DOCS — go here for collaborative documents on OA book projects and resources.

TWITTER: @oabooksnetwork

Header photo by Fallon Michael on Unsplash.

Profile image by Ronald Snijder.

OA through the lenses of equity and inclusion

3 replies, 4 voices Last updated by Peter Suber 3 weeks, 6 days ago
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

John Sherer
      Participant
      @jsherer

Colleagues,

The Association of University Presses is compiling resources (articles, research data, tool kits) to help look at our industry through the lenses of equity, justice, and inclusion. To that end, I’m looking for any research articles on OA that take that approach. I have found a helpful article from Roz Pyne and others called DIVERSIFYING READERSHIP THROUGH OA: https://www.springernature.com/gp/open-research/journals-books/books/diversifying-readership-through-open-access?utm_source=other&utm_medium=other&utm_content=null&utm_campaign=BBKK_1_CE02_whitepapertoweb

Just curious if others know about other similar resources? Thanks

Kevin Hawkins
      Participant
      @kevinhawkins

John, you might mine http://tagteam.harvard.edu/hubs/oatp/tag/oa.dei for useful sources.  I wish you could browse OATP by more than one tag at a time (all “oa.dei” and “oa.publishers”, for example), but I can’t figure out a way to do that.  Happy digging!

Peter Suber
        Participant
        @petersuber

Hi Kevin. Thanks for linking to the OATP tag library for “oa.dei”.

FYI, here’s the OATP tag library for the conjunction “oa.dei AND oa.publishers”:

http://tagteam.harvard.edu/hubs/oatp/item_search?q=%23oa.dei+%23oa.publishers

OATP supports deep links like this to any boolean combination of tags. If you write me directly (peter.suber@gmail.com) I’d be happy to say more about how it works.

Ronald Snijder
      Participant
      @ronaldsnijder

This is a rather old article, but might be useful:
      Do developing countries profit from free books? : Discovery and online usage in developed and developing countries compared
      Journal of Electronic Publishing 2013-11 | journal-article DOI: 10.3998/3336451.0016.103

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Only members can participate in this group's discussions.