1 voice, 0 replies
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

Jörg Matthias Determann
      Participant
      @determann

Dear colleagues and friends,

I hope this reaches you well.

Shoaib Ahmed Malik of Zayed University recently suggested to me the organization of an online conference on Islamic Perspectives on Exotheology. I am quoting from our call for papers (CFP) below:

“There have been many developments in the nascent field of Islam and science in the past few decades. However, one neglected and understudied topic is the discussion of exotheology. Much has been said from Christian and Jewish perspectives, but Islamic perspectives are still marginal. Apart from Jörg Matthias Determann’s recent book, Islam, Science Fiction and Extraterrestrial Life: The Culture of Astrobiology in the Muslim World, and some works by Muzaffar Iqbal, there is very little development in this area. With increasing interest and attention given to extraterrestrial life in contemporary developments and discourses, Islamic perspectives on exotheology have become a niche area that require due attention. This conference aims to fill this gap by inviting scholars from all over the world and from different backgrounds to help make sense of this relatively unexplored territory. We believe this exploration will elevate Islamic discourses that are directly engaging with contemporary questions. The following are some non-exhaustive, guiding questions that can provide food for thought when writing abstracts.” Read more here: https://www.academia.edu/51090491/Call_for_papers_Islamic_Perspectives_on_Exotheology

Please submit an extended abstract (no more than 500 words) detailing your idea to shoaib.malik@zu.ac.ae. This should include your full name, institutional affiliation, and keywords.

The deadline for this call for papers is December 31, 2021. The final decisions will be announced on January 10, 2022. The conference will be held virtually, requiring no travel, on May 10 and 11, 2022. Participation is free of charge. We are planning to publish selected papers in a special issue of a reputable journal.

Should you have any questions, feel free to email Shoaib or me.

Many thanks!

With best wishes,

Matthias

Jörg Matthias Determann

Virginia Commonwealth University

https://vcu.academia.edu/Determann

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Only members can participate in this group's discussions.