An interdisciplinary group for game studies scholars to share work, discuss topics in the field, and post CFPs and other relevant documents.

Scholarship on effects of toxic gaming cultures

0 replies, 1 voice Last updated by  Cody Mejeur 1 year, 3 months ago
  • Author

Cody Mejeur
    Keymaster
    @cmejeur

Hi All,

Based on the cesspool of Islamophobia and silencing of feminist, queer, and critical race studies scholarship that the GamesNetwork listserv has been lately, I’ve been thinking about expanding the Zotero collections here to include ones that address these areas, and particularly the links between toxic gamer/gaming cultures and violences of many kinds. I know that’s pretty broad, but I’m hoping that it would help the next time someone says we should be talking about these things then we can point to the collections as a way of saying “these are longstanding discussions, see here.”

I’ll try to start work on these collections in the next couple weeks, please suggest any key texts that you’ve found helpful related to these questions. Everyone in the Zotero group should be able to add to the collections, and I try to respond to requests to join ASAP. You can find the link to the Zotero group in the Docs section of this one.

Only members can participate in this group's discussions.