This is your platform! What would you like to see here? What are we missing?

Spam in private messages

Tagged: ,

2 replies, 2 voices Last updated by  Nicky Agate 1 year, 10 months ago
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Frederik Elwert
    Participant
    @felwert

I just received spam as a private message:

Greetings to you and your family.
    I am Mrs. Amadou Gloria, A widow to late Mr. Greg Amadou; I am 56 years old, suffering from pancreatic cancer, My condition is really bad and it is quite obvious that I will not live for very a long time according to my doctors but I strongly believe in God and not the doctors and if it is the will of God that I will die, then so shall it be.Nevertheless I am willing to donate the sum of 1,700.000.00 US dollars for you to help widows and the less privileged in the rural and urban areas and to carry out charity works, my promise to God Almighty is to help the poor people and I hope you have the kind of heart and ability to help others that is of needs, if so please do not hesitate to indicate to me, your interest.
    I wait to see your response, Write me here for more Discussion send me your email to write you more email me for Privacy mrsgloria002ci@gmail.com Security Purposes
    My regards, madam Gloria

Maybe there should be a “mark as spam” or “report user” or similar functionality?

Nicky Agate
    Keymaster
    @terrainsvagues

Oh I am sorry this happened to you! I will remove that user right away. Yes, I think we need the ability to mark as spam ASAP. Thanks so much for letting us know, @felwert!

Nicky Agate
    Keymaster
    @terrainsvagues

Hello again!

I just wanted to let you know that we’ve implemented some measures to prevent this kind of spam appearing in private messages in the future. Thanks so much for bringing the matter to our attention.

Best,

Nicky

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Only members can participate in this group's discussions.