Las Camelias de Amelia
- Aurora Peraza-Rugeley (see profile)
- LLC 20th- and 21st-Century Latin American, LLC Puerto Rican, RCWS Creative Writing, TC Popular Culture, TC Women’s and Gender Studies
- Caribbean literature, Latin American literature, Literature, Modern language, Spanish language
- Item Type:
- Book review
- contemporary literature, creativity, desire, identity, women writers
- Permanent URL:
- La Camelias de Amelia (written in Spanish) is a 2009 collection of short stories about Puerto Rico and its people. Its author, Zoé Jiménez Corretjer, forms part of the Puerto Rican writers called ‘La Generación de los 80’ (authors writing in Spanish from the island and not in English from US territory.) This review only analyzes the work as a unit; those so inclined can read its twenty-five short stories by themselves. Las Camelias de Amelia is a very finely crafted piece of work!
- This collection of short stories would work well in the classroom.
- Last Updated:
- 4 months ago
- All Rights Reserved
Item Name: jimenezcorretjerreview.docx Download Activity: Downloads: 20