Reproductive Physiology of Domestic Animals
- Prof Muhammad Subhan Qureshi (see profile)
- Veterinary medicine, Medical sciences, Semen, Ovum, Embryology, Fertility, Reproductive health
- Item Type:
- #Hormones, Biology, conception, dairy, embryogenesis, hypothalamus, insemination, meat, physiology, quranic wisdom, reproduction
- Permanent URL:
- This textbook has been written to meet the requirements of the graduates and postgraduate students of the local universities. The available literature on the subject of reproductive physiology in domestic animals has been reviewed. Mental caliber of the local students was observed during the last two years and the materials of this monograph are made understandable for the students. The available literature in animal reproduction has been written by foreign authors, mostly covering the subject very extensively, making it difficult for the beginners. In addition no single available book can cover the whole syllabus, especially of Reproductive Physiology in DVM degree program. As the graduate students have to cover many subjects during a semester, they can not run after many books to understand a phenomenon. So availability of a comprehensive and current manuscript was considered essential for meeting requirements of the students of animal reproduction. Systemic coverage of various topics has been made, starting from definitions and basic explanations of the topic. Explanation of various biological mechanisms and processes has been made in a simple but comprehensive style using the information that are agreed by most authors and which are in use in the scientific community of the region. Graphic illustrations and tabulation are presented for explaining various biological phenomena, laboratory protocols and therapeutic intervention strategies. Field application of the science has been reported along with all the relevant sections. Cost-effectiveness, compatibility with the international standards and adoption of various reproductive technologies relevant to the subject materials, are explained. Personal experience of the author in semen processing, factors affecting and managing reproduction under field conditions, and hormonal profiles during various reproductive states have been accommodated in the contents of this monograph.
- I have authored this book to provide basic information on mammalian reproduction to the veterinary and medical students and general readers. Attempts have been made to integrate Quranic Wisdom in developmental biology as divine guidance from the Creator.
- Last Updated:
- 4 months ago
- Share this:
Item Name: reproductive-physiology-of-domestic-animals-3.pdf Download View in browser Activity: Downloads: 20