Aesthetic Engagement in Video Dance
- Arnold Berleant (see profile)
- Dance, Dance and technology, Aesthetics
- Item Type:
- aesthetic engagement, video art, Aboriginal literature
- Permanent URL:
- This essay discusses dance film and video dance. The first was born of the manifold possibilities of chemical technology, while the second exploits the rich resources of digital technology and its freedom from material constraints. Now wholly in digital form, both technologies offer new possibilities for the dance arts by developing and enhancing the possibilities and powers of dance experience. This essay describes those possibilities and their contribution to dance appreciation.
- Engagement: Symposium of Philosophy and Dance Texas State University San Marcos, Texas 8-10 September 2016. Unpublished.
- Last Updated:
- 5 years ago
- Share this:
Item Name: aesthetic-engagement-in-video-dance.final_.pdf Download View in browser Activity: Downloads: 437