The Specious Present: background for my students (special author Virginia Woolf)
- Subhasis Chattopadhyay (see profile)
- English literature
- Item Type:
- Course material or learning objects
- virginia woolf, William James, Edmund Husserl, Confession
- Permanent URL:
- This 4 slides' presentation is supplementary material for my students who have opted for Virginia Woolf as their Masters' 'special author'. The presentation shows how James' the specious moment and Husserl's the rough now constitute the matrix of modernist literature, especially the fiction of Virginia Woolf. From St. Augustine to Husserl there is a continuum which has to be understood for engaging with the novels of Virginia Woolf.
- This presentation is being freely available to whoever wants to use it for understanding both time and/or Virginia Woolf. If you use it for academic work, please cite the presentation and kindly let me know. Thanks.
- Last Updated:
- 8 months ago
- Share this:
Item Name: virginia-woolf-special-author-slide-series-1.1-time.pptx Download Activity: Downloads: 5