• Church of Santo Antão, Évora

    Author(s):
    Luís Henriques (see profile)
    Date:
    2014
    Group(s):
    Music in Évora studies
    Subject(s):
    Art history
    Item Type:
    Video essay
    Tag(s):
    16th Century, Architecture, church, polyphony, Évora
    Permanent URL:
    http://dx.doi.org/10.17613/M62X1F
    Abstract:
    The Church of Santo Antão is located in the Praça do Giraldo, the main square of Évora. It was built in the mid-sixteenth century by Cardinal D. Henrique Archbishop of Évora. This church was one of the most important musical centres of the city with the Cathedral's mestre da Claustra Manuel Mendes (c.1547-1605) (chapel master in Santo Antão) as one of his leading figures. Music of the video is the Introitus from Mendes's Missa pro Defunctis performed by Ensemble da Sé de Angra (dir. Luís Henriques)
    Metadata:
    Status:
    Published
    Last Updated:
    5 months ago
    License:
    All Rights Reserved

    Downloads

    Item Name: mp4 church_santo_antao_evora.mp4
      Download View in browser
    Activity: Downloads: 90