Middle English Literature, Critical Theory, Lyric Poetry
Middle English literature; cognitive theory; aesthetics; 16th-century literature
Middle English Literature; Chaucer; medieval romance; manuscript culture
Old English literature, Middle English literature, Anglo-Saxon charters, archaeology, digital humanities
My scholarly interests include poetry, Middle French and Middle English literature, women writers, mystics, whiteness studies, libretti, captivity narratives and eschatological literature.
Literature and the history of emotion
Middle English literature
Cognitive approaches to literature
Old English Literature
Middle English Literature
Medieval English Property Law
Medieval French Literature
Middle English literature, Chaucer, reading novels, psychoanalysis, feminism, art galleries, films, wine, eating out, eating in, translating (when I have time).
I am interested in words and the people that shape them. My work involves scholarly communication, editorial practice, and writing pedagogy. My background is in medieval literature and history, with a focus on fictional representations of the multifaceted crime of abduction in Middle English literature and concepts of personal and political consent formation in premodern England.
Gladly lerne, gladly teche. Teaching & Research interests:
- Non-canonical medieval literature, especially religious texts
- Early English literature, especially Middle English literature
- Horror and the supernatural in literature
- Comics and graphic novels
- Working-class literature (and more generally social class in literature and culture)
- Freshman composition, especially for first-generation / “at-risk” college students
Proudly non-tenure track.