Medieval English literature, Shakespeare, Literature and Religion, Poetry
Medieval English Literature
Professional EN, DE > RU translator, editor and terminologist, CRO at an LSP, but above all an ardent researcher of Medieval English Literature and especially of John Gower. And above all that a university professor trying to teach English and German to non-Language majors. Very eclectic.
I am a New Haven-based student of medieval English literature and culture, and will be a 2017-18 Junior Research Fellow at the Institute of Advanced Studies, University College London. I am currently working on a book project on the rhetoric of the sciences and vernacular literary culture in late-medieval England. I am also interested in manuscript studies and medievalism in the Americas. I earned a Ph. D. in English from Yale University in spring 2017.
Medieval English literature, anthropology, psychology, Shakespeare and screen writing.
I have published books, essays and articles on Old English heroic poetry, especially BEOWULF, on aesthetics, on Chaucer and on various works in the early modern, Romantic and Victorian periods. I teach undergraduates primarily and value a broad engagement with the run of English language and literature.
- 2018–2019: Postdoctoral Researcher, University of Copenhagen (Denmark)
- 2016–2018: Marie Skłodowska-Curie Fellow, University of Copenhagen (Denmark)
- 2014–2016: Visiting Researcher, University of Kent (UK)
- 2011–2012: Seminar Leader, University of Leeds (UK)
- 2011–2013: SSHRC Doctoral Fellow, University of Leeds (UK)
RESEARCH & TEACHING INTERESTS
- Old Norse literature
- Manuscripts, history of the book, editing, and relationships between old and new media (including Digital Humanities)
- Medieval English literature
- Marginal(ized) literature beyond the confines of the canon
- Early Modern literature and afterlives of medieval texts
Old English Literature
Middle English Literature
Medieval English Property Law
Medieval French Literature
Old English language and literature Middle English language and literature Alfred the Great and his circle translation studies medieval geography medieval cosmology early medieval curiosity and wonder
Late Medieval English and French Literature, Medieval Philosophy and Theology, Critical Theory, and Continental Philosophy
medieval literature and culture, Puritan seventeenth century literature and culture, history, medieval and early modern English, literature and religion, literature and law, anthropology and sociology in literature, fencing